One Time Password Generation
Q How do I generate an One Time Password (OTP) for my credit card?
A) The process for generating an OTP differs based on your issuing bank. The process to be followed for various issuing banks is as follows
- SMS OTP XXXX (Last 4 digits of the Credit Card number) to 52484 or 9880752484 to generate an OTP.
- OTP will be valid for 30 minutes or 1 successful transaction, whichever occurs first
- Through the SBI Website - Log on to website www.sbicard.com using your User ID & Password. Click on IVR transaction OTP link to generate an OTP for you
- Through a Call Center - Call SBI Card dedicated call centre line for OTP generation at 1860 180 1291
- Through SMS - SMS OTP XXXX (Last 4 digits of the Credit Card number) to 5676791 from your mobile number registered with SBI Card.
OTP will be valid only for 1 successful transaction or 12 hours whichever is earlier.
- Through SMS - SMS PWD XXXX (Last 4 digits of the Credit Card number) to 9717465555 from your registered mobile number linked to your credit card.
- Through SMS - Send IOTP <Space> Your 16-digit Credit Card Number to 5676766. You will receive the OTP on your Registered Mobile Number and/ or e-mail ID
- Through the ICICI Website
- Go to www.icicibank.com -- on the bottom right side under 'Cards' section:
- Click on 3Dsecure option
- Choose the ’IVR-IOTP’ Option
- Enter your ICICI Bank Credit Card Number, valid from and date of birth
- Generate OTP Request
- You will receive the OTP on your Registered Mobile Number and e-mail ID
- Through the HSBC Website
- Logon HSBC Internet Banking account.
- Click on the Secure Pay link on the left hand side. Clicking on 'Secure Pay' will reveal the 'Verified by VISA' and 'MasterCard SecureCode' links.
- Click on 'Verified by Visa' if you are a Visa Credit Cardholder or on 'MasterCard SecureCode' if you are a MasterCard Credit Cardholder. You will be directed to the Verified by Visa Registration / MasterCard SecureCode webpage.
- After verifying your credit card number displayed, please click 'Register this card' under IVR service channel.
- The page will ask you to enter a 6 digit password and also to confirm it. After entering the password click on the 'Confirm' button.
- The final confirmation screen will appear. Click on the 'Confirm' button.
Standard Chartered Bank
- Visit www.standardchartered.co.in - Login using your VBV / MSC / Standard Chartered Internet Banking password.
- Click on ‘OTP Generation for IVR transactions’ link under Credit Cards menu.
- Please choose ‘IVR OTP Generation for Verified by Visa’ for a SCB Visa credit card, and choose ‘IVR OTP Generation for MasterCard Secure Code’ for a SCB MasterCard credit card
- Please fill in your 16-digit Credit Card number and Online transactions password for VBV / MSC.
- Click on the ‘Opt for IVR’ option in the next page that opens once you’ve logged in with your 3D password.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button. Your IVR One-Time password (OTP) will be generated, please use this password while carrying out your IVR transaction.
- OTP will be valid only for 1 successful transaction or 24 hours whichever is earlier.
Q) Can I use one OTP to conduct multiple transactions?
A) No. An OTP is valid only for one transaction or for a fixed duration whichever earlier. You will need to generate a fresh OTP for every new transaction.